No Beer?!?!? Death to the Mortals!

I love this. CNN put up a headline that says "Beer Drinkers Beware; US hops crop burns". Then when you actually go to the news item, its only 4%. But what got me was how much my brother was like "What???? No beer???? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!" He then calmed down.

Well, I wasn't talking about Foley cuz.... well, everyone else was. I have to throw my 2 cents in. I think trying to get Dennis Hastert to step down over this is not right. The man had little to do with the scandal. From what has been released so far, his office knew about the e-mails and that action was taken to halt contact between the teen from Louisiana and Rep. Foley. So, why go after Hastert's head? Witch hunt. Honestly, you'd think they'd get this fired up about Rumsfeld!

Update: I changed my mind ... let's destroy the man! See how fickle I am? Tomorrow, I'll be like "Oh, Hastert's just a management-type guy. You can't expect him to micromanage Congress and take care of every little crises?"

Back on this day, way back in 1582, Pope Gregory XIII implemented a new calendar. Guess which one? The Gregorian calendar forced people to go from October 4th to October 15. This helped alleviate the inaccuracy that led to Europe being 11 days off. So, if you thought changing an hour for daylight savings time was harsh...

In 1958, the Fifth Republic was begun. We're still figuring it out. I want to know what exactly "co-habitation" means for the MP and President...

And in 1983, the first Hooters opened. Skinny girls with tits have worn three pairs of nylons ever since.

0 comments:

Post a Comment