Super Duper Everything Day!!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote this yesterday but due to forces that were beyond my control, it has been posted today. I leave it in its original form because I.... I don't care.

*************************************************************

Pictures.... oh........

Tomorrow is possibly going to be one of the most frenzied days you may ever witness in your life. Not only do the New York Giants have their ticker tape parade tomorrow to honor the hard won glory on Sunday night in the Super Bowl. Not only is it Mardi Gras and therefore the last day of indulgence, frivolity and carnival before Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent. But it is also Super Tuesday, which due to it's inflated proportions, can also be called Super Duper Tuesday or Tsunami Tuesday. Tomorrow, There will 24 states and American Samoa running either a primary or a caucus for Democrats, Republicans and or independents. The Green Party is also running a caucus here in my state of Minnesota. This may be wrapped up tomorrow.

Or did you not know about this? I can't see how anyone could not have heard about this election. This cycle may be the most hotly contested in 40 years. Forty years ago the US was also embroiled in a very unpopular war. The Democrats were in power and they ended up losing power to Richard M. Nixon. We all know how that turned out.

It is coming down to two people in each of the two dominating parties. Barak Obama, the senator from Illinois, who is not a Muslim, is running in a dead heat with Hillary Rodham Clinton, the former First Lady and current senator from New York. The two are running so close to each other, we will be very happy that some primaries are not winner take all.

Hillary Rodham Clinton is losing steam it seems. And her voice. She is coming across as less liberal than Obama. Obama has some stylish endorsements in the form of the Kennedy clan deeming him JFK incarnate. He's had Oprah for some time. But now he has Stevie Wonder and Robert De Niro. Who knows who else he will get?

John Sydney McCain, III, is facing the same tough crowd he did in 2000. But this time its from Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. Rush Limbaugh's smears of John McCain are not new. One particular sticks out during the 2004 election when he wasn't even running. Limbaugh attacked McCain on his radio show for not defending Bush over his service to the National Guard. He alluded to McCain being a POW at the “Kerry Hilton”. I'm not surprised that he still despises McCain.

I really don't understand why Republicans hate him. He's rather conservative but he's capable of thinking independently. Does this prove that Republicans are really happier with politicians who can't think on their own?

I won't hide my love for McCain. He's been one of my favorites for years. And you know a Political Science geek when they talk about politicians like they're teen idols in current issues of Teen Beat. I mean, I've adored him since I knew who he was... about the same time Fred Dalton Thompson hit Washington. He's a maverick and I thoroughly enjoy that. I cheered for him even when I was so staunchly Democrat, it bordered on fanatical. So, I'm glad to see him doing well. I will address my thoughts on McCain on a later date.

But Ann Coulter, on the other hand, has stated that she would not be able to vote for McCain. That she'd rather vote for Clinton before she'd vote for McCain. You can watch it for yourself.

In fact, I should find clips for all the candidates... hmm... Like McCain's Little Jerk comment. I guess I like my candidates to be spunky.

Anyways, last night, I attended the Ron Paul rally here at the University of Minnesota. It was a great thing to be with my fellow Libertarians. It's not something experienced often. We libertarians are solitary creatures it seems. But I know he can't win. I know. But he's the closest thing to how I really feel and so I had to hear him speak. Maybe in four more years. Maybe we'll get a Libertarian president. Maybe... I hope.

Get out and vote!!!!!!!!

That is all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment