Harry Potter and the Remaining Questions-that-can-not-yet-be-asked

There is nothing new and informative about this post. It is purely personal.

As everyone who isn't living under a rock must know by now, the final installment of the Harry Potter series was released on July 21, at the stroke of one minute past midnight. For many of us who've trudged through the series as it was released and those who came late as well, we were just bursting to know if he (Harry, Voldemort or both) died. I still won't tell simply because there are still those (some of whom I live with) who've yet to complete the story. Suffice it to say, I now am melancholic. There are still many little threads that we the readers will undoubtedly spend the next weeks, months... years... contemplating.

I continue to peruse the book to reread all the choicest bits. There were some really rocking scenes and some twists. Many of the things we (we as in the rabid Potterhead community at large) predicted came true.

Anyways... I just feel like an enormous part of my life is over and I'm a little sad about that. Its a good thing to see it through to the end but it still feels bittersweet. I'll go drown my sorrows in some champaigne now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment